In this episode of the Frontier Markets Podcast, we have a conversation with Simon Glossop, who is the CEO of Camscorp, a company that is focused on commodities, agriculture, energy, and creating new supply chains across Africa.
Simon has been deeply involved in building multiple lines of business that export commodities from Africa outwards. This is one of the great ways to accelerate economic growth.
In this episode, we cover:
- The life cycle of supply chain construction
- The map of logistics infrastructure across Africa
- Case study of exporting ginger and palm kernel shells from Nigeria.
- Murphy's law in developing markets.
- The longer term potential for agriculture in West Africa.
I really enjoyed recording this episode because it centred around the operational realities of fundamental industries; minerals, energy, agriculture, and logistics.
I hope you enjoy it as well.